What is CARRE Repository RESTful API?
The Repository RESTful API is a component developed on top of CARRE’s Virtuoso server and constitutes a web service. This API aims to securely expose a number of CARRE-related methods.
The RESTful API is developed using Flask, which is a Python-based web framework. In our approach, we also used the following extensions:
- FlaskRESTful, an extension for Flask that adds support for quickly building RESTful APIs.
- Flask-restful-swagger, a wrapper for flask-restful which enables swagger support. Swagger constitutes an API description and representation framework that allows humans and machines to efficiently read and consume RESTful APIs.
The homepage of the above service is served as swagger web page at: https://carre.kmi.open.ac.uk/ws
Repository RESTful API:
- v1.1 (Released 02 May 2015, Deliverable 7.2)
- Source (13.4 KB): CARRE_RESTful_API_v1.1.zip (Python code)
- v0.1 (Released 01 Mar 2015, Deliverable 4.1)
- Source (10 KB): CARRE_RESTful_API_v0.1.zip (Python code)
CARRE Repository RESTful API is Open Source
CARRE Repository RESTful API is Open Source and can be freely used in Open Source applications under the terms GNU General Public License (GPL).Copyright © 2015, CARRE Project, The Open University (OU), UK