The CARRE system architecture was developed following a component based approach. Initially, we identified (a) public and private data aggregated, used and produced by the system; and (b) major system services. Major architectural components were then designed and described. Finally, the end user perspective was captured via a number of indicative sequence diagrams to illustrate major user actions and interactions with the system.
The CARRE system involves three different categories of data objects:
- Data objects external to CARRE; these refer to all external data sources and the data they include. CARRE harvests these sources and aggregates certain parts of these external data. These include: sensor data, medical history data, web social and lifestyle related data, medical literature, and educational resources.
- CARRE data objects: these include all data as harvested from external sources and stored in the public and private CARRE RDF repositories. These include: CARRE sensor data summaries, related to CARRE medical history, information on intention and lifestyle as extracted from patient web interactions, risk factor descriptions, and educational resources metadata.
- Objects produced by CARRE: these refer to the output of the CARRE services. These include: generic and personalized visualization of risk factor model, personalized alerts, and links to relevant educational resources.
CARRE core services built around these data objects include:
- risk description entry system;
- risk association data mining;
- educational resources aggregation and annotation system;
- sensor data aggregation;
- personal health record data aggregation;
- personal medical data manual entry system;
- personal lifestyle data aggregation;
- semantic enrichment;
- content delivery for visualization and decision support;
- access control and personalized content delivery;
- personal data analytics;
- decision support; andcomorbidity model visualization.
Authors: George Gkotsis(OU), George Drosatos (DUTH), Jan Piwinski (PIAP)
Date: 30 October 2014