“Technorama” is an exhibition / competition for young scientists organized yearly at Kaunas University of Technology (KTU), Lithuania. This year, “Technorama 2015” became an international event with the aim to bring together the best young scientists in Baltic region.
Main organizers and executors of “Technorama 2015” were: KTU National Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (NIVC); Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA); project “Innovative Business Promotion (INOVEKS)”; and main sponsor – venture capital group “Practica Capital”.
With active participation of academic community, business representatives and investors evaluated exhibited works and selected the best of them. The experts selected the best works in various categories and rewarded them by special prizes. The total prize fund was around 5000 EUR.
The team of five student members:
- Andrius Sološenko, PhD student, KTU Biomedical Engineering Institute (BMII), CARRE project junior researcher;
- Dainius Stankevičius, master student, KTU BMII, CARRE project technician;
- Andrius Petrėnas, PhD student, KTU BMII;
- Mantas Grigutis, medical student, Vilnius University Hospital Santariškių Klinikos (VULSK);
- Tomas Januškevičius, medical student, Vilnius University Hospital Santariškių Klinikos (VULSK);
supervised by PhD Vaidotas Marozas (KTU BMII, CARRE project researcher) and MD PhD Laurynas Rimševičius (VULSK, CARRE project researcher) presented their project “Real-time system for atrial fibrillation recognition during hemodialysis”. The presented work attracted a lot of attention from both – the visitors and the experts.
The work was nominated as “The most attractive project for investment” and shared 1000 EUR price with another selected project.
Authors: D. Stankevicius (KTU), V. Marozas (KTU)
Date: 23 May 2015